Pastels and Fluo

Wednesday, April 7, 2010
So my family and I are on Paradise Island, Bahamas for our annual family vacation. And during lunch I noticed that we were all wearing emerald green tops- my two boys were wearing polos and I am wearing a Phillip Lim reinterpreted caftan blouse. When we are traveling, I often change my son's top before meals to avoid spills. This was a hard-learned lesson. When he was one-year-old we went to Sardegna for our summer trip. He had just discovered watermelon and consumed one pounders after every meal. Well you can probably imagine the staining that occurred. So now that I am a seasoned mother (LOL), I pack some of his worn-out clothing from the previous year to get us through meal time. Plus, he is so over bibs.

After observing our vacation uniform (my husband told me that someone greeted us as the Green family earlier today), I immediately thought how much I like the contrasting pastel and fluo palette on my son's 2010 SS wardrobe. I was a super-mom this year, mixing Bonpoint, Petit Bateau and Zara to get the perfect blend of khaki's and fluo pink, lime green and slate gray, cobalt and shocking orange. And they say dressing girls is more fun! Ha you haven't met me yet! LOL!

And now as I sit at my computer thinking about what to post, these two images immediately come to mind.


Designer Victor Glemaud


Teen Vogue Fashion Director Gloria Baume

0 comments:

Post a Comment