Thin Layers

Wednesday, March 17, 2010


A few years ago I had the typical New York subway encounter. You know where you find yourself chatting with a total stranger? No, you haven't had that experience? Don't worry, you will. Well, back to my story. It was your run-of-the-mill, frigid, New York winter day and everyone had piled onto the subway. Parkas, Marc Jacobs high-heel hunting boots, Michael Kors shearling wedges and Timberlands everywhere. But, wait a minute? Who is the guy in that thin fleece? Has he lost his mind? Mouth stay closed, mind your business. Oh, I can't help myself: "Excuse me aren't you cold?" "No, actually I'm wearing a lot of really thin layers. Really helps keep the warmth in," replied my subway friend. Well I am almost positive that Taylor was on that train that day, because when I saw her in Paris two weeks ago she had also mastered the art of thin layering. Here she keeps warm by layering two pairs of pants; the top layer courtesy of Comme des Garçon, and the bottom, Organic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment