Valentina

Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Valentina

I fell in love with Valentina's style the moment that I met her last Fall. If you asked me to describe it I would say: young, playful, confident and full of refreshing humor. I wish I had been able to capture her outfit the second time I saw her. It was a frigid winter morning and she wore fluorescent Dr. Martens with a brown fur coat. You should have seen her coast across Piazza Della Scala. Jolt!!! It was just the thing I needed to wake up -my Citarella hazelnut coffee that I smuggle back to Italy in my suitcase every summer hadn't kicked in that morning.

Valentina2

Well I shot these pics on the last day of the men's shows in Milan this June and have been really wanting to post them. I took so many that day, I really wanted to dedicate some time and choose my favorites. Sometimes when things are dear to me, I ponder over them endlessly. But since I am home in Milan this week helping my son through his first week of pre-k, I have more time than usual to review the shows and have lapsed back into a Spring/Summer kind of vibe. Plus, Valentina's white silk blouse and grey high-waist shorts are totally Spring 2011. The combination is so chic! And how fun is her floral vintage dress with hot pants? She found them in her aunt's closet, a look from the early eighties. The movement reminds me of some of the flowy, maxi-dresses gracing the New York runways this week (check out the Marc Jacobs show). Ahh, I'm already excited for next Summer! But, in the meantime I'll savor these last Summer images... and start packing for my trip to London this weekend! Hope to see you there!

Velentina3

0 comments:

Post a Comment