The Trench

Sunday, January 3, 2010




I know, it's only January 3rd and freezing outside, but I am already starting a checklist of Spring wardrobe staples. A stylish trench is definitely an item that will make its way into my closet. Inspired by Burberry's lovely collaboration with The Sartorialist, I have been thinking of what style suits me. Will I go vintage or something new? I'm not sure, but after looking at these images that I shot of Taylor during MFW, I have some definite style points in mind. Taylor's version is perfect for styling purposes. The full skirt, belted and gathered at the waist, allows for effortless layering. I love how her powder blue, ruffle skirt pokes out. Hi there! Plus, it looks amazing from behind. Feminine, or edgy as Taylor demonstrates in her YSL platform boots, it offers fabulous options for looking chic.
Another chic element that I'll be on the look out for is shoulder/sleeve proportion. The shoulders on Taylor's are boxy and and the sleeves are abundant in fabric. I am convinced that this mix is the key to her perfect pushed-up sleeve look. I don't know about you, but I hate having to adjust the sleeves on my jackets. If I could just eliminate the need for readjustments, I could concentrate on my favorite springtime pastimes like mint gelato or sidewalk aperitivos (I love dining outside in the spring!). I'll let you know what I come up with, and feel free to send over suggestions!

Besos!
Tamu

0 comments:

Post a Comment