Smooth Operator

Wednesday, January 20, 2010
I've been dreaming of a double-breasted suit (DBS) for a while now. My mother-in-law had a couple custom made last year. Grey cashmere for the cold winter months and white linen for the hot summer months. Devastatingly chic! I always struggle to keep my composure when she wears them.



Just like I had to struggle two days ago when Anna showed up to the Gucci show in this sick Umit Benan DBS. Giving off a total "Smooth Operator" vibe, she expertly contrasts this midnight-blue menswear staple with a white, ruffle button-down; a lovely play on the feminine meets masculine theme that has enjoyed airtime for the past few seasons. Also lovely is the way she accessorizes the look with statement turquoise jewelry.



Note: Umit won L'Uomo Vogue & Pitti Immagine's first menswear edition of 'WHO IS ON NEXT' this past summer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment