icon faded blue, cut and torn... and more

Tuesday, August 24, 2010
iconbluecutandtorn

Did you ever think that the cut-off jean (a frayed slither here on Jessica) would ever reach its current position as an iconic symbol of cool? These "denim panties," as Daria Veledeyeva, EIC of Harper's Russia, calls the wardrobe staple of her friend and colleague Natalia Alaverdian, are a product of the grunge era, a Kate Moss favorite, an off-duty model must and a music-festival uniform, are still going super-strong on the streets and have made their way onto the racks of retailers such as J-Crew and Club Monaco. And I'd place a small wager that they will be around for a little while longer. I myself am day dreaming of layering them over oatmeal and grey Wolford tights in the fall. You?

iconbluecutandtorn1

And the more: great inspiration for fall accessories by way of Jessica's vintage bag and boots.
As I get in the mood to hit the stores for a little "back to school" shopping, Jessica's vintage handbag comes as the perfect source of inspiration. I want to show you a bag that I think I'll pick up at Barney's tomorrow (in case you didn't know, my family and I have been in East Hampton since the beginning of the month. My husband says that I should go into the city tomorrow for some shopping, he's had enough of me. Gosh darn it. Being forced into the city for shopping! Who does he think he is?). The bag is by J.W.Hulme, what do you think? If you're interested in checking out some of their other bags, visit J.W.Hulme Co.

But, it's really Jessica's boots that I am drooling over. Yes I used the term drooling. Don't you? I've decided that I am going to O.D. on this style this season. Here are links to my top-three choices: Chloe, Proenza Schouler and A.P.C. Which ones do you like?? I think that they are a chic solution to prevent fashion week-induced achy feet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment